VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine first seven ingredients; pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Cut roast in half; add to bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer pork and marinade to a 6-qt. pressure cooker. Add chicken broth. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 75 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove pork; when cool enough to handle, shred meat using two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return pork to pressure cooker. Select saute, and adjust for normal heat; heat through. Top with fresh cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Char Siu Pork in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017