Pressure Cooker Carolina Shrimp & Cheddar Grits
Shrimp and grits are a house favorite—if only we could agree on a recipe. I stirred things up with cheddar and Cajun seasoning to find a winner. —Charlotte Price, Raleigh, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + releasing
- 4 cups water
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat. Add the first four ingredients and stir to combine; bring to a boil. Slowly add grits, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Select saute setting, reduce heat to low and cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese and butter until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 417 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Carolina Shrimp & Cheddar Grits in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.