Pressure Cooker Carolina Shrimp & Cheddar Grits
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + releasing
- 4 cups water
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat. Add the first four ingredients and stir to combine; bring to a boil. Slowly add grits, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Select saute setting, reduce heat to low and cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese and butter until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 417 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 19, 2019
Hi - please clarify. At what point would I pressure cook and for how long? Natural or manual release? The recipe reads as if everything is done on the sauté mode but the total time for the recipe mentions release time is included. Thanks!