Pressure-Cooker Caribbean Chipotle Pork Sliders
One of our favorite pulled pork recipes combines the heat of chipotle peppers with cool tropical coleslaw. The robust flavors are always a big hit. —Kadija Bridgewater, Boca Raton, Florida
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 75 min. + releasing
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split and toasted
- Place onion in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cut roast in half; place over onion. In a small bowl, combine chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, barbecue sauce, water, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; pour over meat. Lock lid; close pressure-release vale. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 75 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. If desired, press cancel, then select saute setting and adjust for low heat; simmer, stirring constantly, until the juices are slightly thickened. Press cancel.
- Shred pork with 2 forks. Return pork to pressure cooker; stir to heat through.
- For coleslaw, in a large bowl, combine cabbage, mango, pineapple, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Place 1/4 cup pork mixture on each roll bottom; top with 2 tablespoons coleslaw. Replace tops.
Originally published as Caribbean Chipotle Pork Sliders in tasteofhome.com