Pressure Cooker Caribbean Chipotle Pork Sliders
One of our favorite pulled pork recipes combines the heat of chipotle peppers with cool tropical coleslaw. The robust flavors are always a big hit. —Kadija Bridgewater, Boca Raton, Florida
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 75 min. + releasing
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split and toasted
- Place onion in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cut roast in half; place over onion. In a small bowl, combine chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, barbecue sauce, water, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; pour over meat. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual; adjust pressure to high and set time for 75 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. If desired, select saute setting, and adjust for high heat. Cook the juices until slightly thickened.
- Shred pork with two forks. Return pork to pressure cooker; stir to heat through.
- For coleslaw, in a large bowl, combine cabbage, mango, pineapple, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Place 1/4 cup pork mixture on each roll bottom; top with 2 tablespoons coleslaw. Replace tops.
Originally published as Caribbean Chipotle Pork Sliders in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.