One of my favorite local restaurants, Zeppelins, has the best chicken nachos. Their famous dish inspired me to create my own but with the added convenience of using the pressure cooker. I recommend fresh cilantro because it's economical and makes the dish pop with flavor. —Natalie Hess, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) black bean and corn salsa
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- minced fresh cilantro, pickled jalapeno slices and sour cream
- Place chicken, salsa and peppers in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual; adjust pressure to high and set time for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 7 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove chicken; shred with two forks. Return to pressure cooker. Using a slotted spoon, serve chicken over chips; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Add toppings of choice.
- TC: I guessed on the size of the tortilla chip amount. Please adjust as necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Black Bean Chicken Nachos in One Pot Instant Pot 2017