Pressure-Cooker Black and Blue Cobbler
It never occurred to me that I could bake a cobbler in my pressure cooker until I saw some recipes and decided to try my favorite fruity dessert recipe. It took a bit of experimenting, but the tasty results were "berry" well worth it. -Martha Creveling, Orlando, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + standing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- In an 8-qt. electric pressure cooker, add 1 cup of water.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread the batter evenly onto the bottom of a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the berries, water, orange zest and remaining sugar; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; immediately pour over batter. Place a piece of aluminum foil loosely on top of dish to prevent moisture from getting inside. Place on a trivet with handles; lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 391 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 5, 2019
This didn’t turn out at all. Too mich liquid was added to the fruit. Also no liquid measurement was given for the Instantpot. I had to guess. It was a huge disappointment.