VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, add 1 cup of water.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread the batter evenly onto the bottom of a greased 6- or 7-in. souffle or round baking dish (1-1/2-qt.).
- In a large saucepan, combine the berries, water, orange peel and remaining sugar; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; immediately pour over batter. Place a piece of aluminum foil loosely on top (to prevent moisture from getting into dish); place on a trivet with handles; lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual; adjust pressure to high and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Black and Blue Cobbler in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017