Pressure-Cooker Beet, Grapefruit & Onion Salad
My husband loves, loves pickled beets. I paired them with a little citrus for an Eastery salad. It has such a great color combination! —Michelle Clair, Seattle, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 6 medium fresh beets (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large ruby red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 small red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- Scrub beets, trimming tops to 1 in. Place beets on trivet insert in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add 1-1/2 cups water. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust pressure to high and set time to 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let pressure release naturally before opening; remove beets and cool completely before peeling, halving and thinly slicing them. Place in a serving bowl. Whisk together next 6 ingredients. Pour over beets; add grapefruit and onion. Toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 161 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Beet, Grapefruit & Onion Salad in Slow Cooker 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.