Pressure-Cooker BBQ Chicken & Smoked Sausage
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + releasing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 package (12 ounces) smoked sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Sliced seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; top with barbecue sauce. Lock lid and close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 12 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Remove chicken, sausage and vegetables from cooker (a thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 170°) and keep warm.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat; bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chicken, sausage and vegetables with the sauce. If desired, top with jalapeno.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 338 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1009mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Sep 15, 2019
I prepared this recipe recently and thought it was excellent. I followed the recipe with no changes. Delicious! I highly recommend this recipe. Volunteer Field Editor
Oct 4, 2018
Who would have thought chicken and sausage but it is really a good mix - and easy to prepare, i did not use the jalapeno pepper but it was delicious