- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size portions
- 2 tablespoons mesquite seasoning
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- Combine water, vinegar and soy sauce in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Rub ribs with mesquite seasoning; add to pressure cooker. Lock lid in place; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time to 35 minutes. When finished cooking, naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove ribs to a foil-lined baking sheet. Preheat broiler. Brush ribs with barbecue sauce. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until glazed. Serve with additional barbecue sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings
Reviews forPressure Cooked Mesquite Ribs
"The only modification I made was using steak seasoning instead of mesquite. After 12 minutes of allowing the pressure to reduce naturally, I released the rest manually. The meat was so tender! I used my favorite mustard-based sauce and broiled for just a few minutes. Delicious! This recipe is going on my repeat list."
"Super quick and easy to modify with items on hand. Didn't have Apple Cider Vinegar so used Distilled Vinegar, didn't have Mesquite rub so used Montreal rub. Meat fell off the bones. My children loved them and talked/bragged about them to friends asking how to use a pressure cooker. Have since purchased recipe items and will try again with right ingredients."