VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
- 48 lollipop sticks
- Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup frosting and mix well. Press cake mixture into silicone ice cube trays; insert a lollipop stick into each. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until cake cubes are firm.
- Run a small spatula around the edge of each cake cube to loosen; remove from trays. In a microwave, warm remaining vanilla frosting; stir until smooth. Dip pops in frosting. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. Form ribbons and bows with strips of fruit rolls. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Present Cake Pops in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012
Reviews forPresent Cake Pops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2011
"adorable! and of course yummy. =3"