Praline Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, milk, egg yolk, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup until blended; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 524 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 29, 2014
I love sweet potatoes and wanted a new twist. These were yummy but a little bit sweet
Jan 17, 2011
I too wished to the Nutrition Facts so entered the ingredients and instructions into a calorie counter. It received a nutritional grade of C+and has 868 calories. Good points: High in manganese and Very high in vitamin A. Bad Points: High in cholesterol and High in sugar.
Jan 29, 2010
Oh my! These are so good. Perhaps a little too good. I'm afraid to find out the calories, but I do wish there was nutritional information for this recipe.