- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and salt until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients until blended; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forPraline Sweet Potato Bake
"Love this recipe. Even people that do not like typical sweet potato recipes, love this. I could almost eat it just for dessert."
"This is my family and friends favorite! always request this for the holidays. (and my sons dont like sweet potatoes but they love this )"
"I make this for every holiday. My family and friends love it. Thanks."
"Every time I make this I end up passing the recipe along. Best sweet potato recipe ever!"
"I made this recipe for our family for Easter. They loved it. I doubled the amount of sweet potatoes, and it was still very tasty."
"I made this for my family and both my husband and son who would never ever dream of eating sweet potatoes ate every bite and said this is the only sweet potato dish they would ever eat."
"This is an easy recipe that tastes way harder than it is. I leave out the milk, because we don't like it as soupy as this is. I also add ginger and nutmeg and a tiny bit of cinnamon."
"this was very good i have never try anything like this bfore.it was fairly simple and turned out great.my wife and kids love sweet potatoes and liked this very much."
"This is a fabulous dish. It's practically a dessert. In the past, I've cut the butter and/or brown sugar down (to lower the fat content) and it's still excellent. I promise - no leftovers."