- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of pie shell. Prick sides of pastry with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°.
- For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, flour and spices in a large bowl; stir in pumpkin. Gradually add cream. Pour into pastry shell. If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forPraline Pumpkin Pie
"I'm not a huge pumpkin pie fan but feel obligated to make a pumpkin dessert on Thanksgiving. After years of trying various different recipes-pies, cakes, etc. I've finally found one that I love as much as everyone else. Everyone loved the praline layer. I'll be making this again next year. The only problem I had was finding a 10in pastry shell-I had to use a 9 inch (I just cooked the leftovers in small glass jars at the same time). I also want to make my own crust next time as the flavor and texture of premade crust added nothing to the pie. Of course, I've never made my pie crust so that will take some research on my part."
"This pie earned me a marriage proposal! And my husband was sitting right next to me at the time!"
"This pie requires a bit more effort than some BUT well worth it! Friends and family loved it! Thanks!"