Praline Pecans & Cranberries
This recipe I found during the holidays and I made a few batches for Christmas parties. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe.—Nancy Roman, Hackensack, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- Place pecans in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Drizzle over pecans; stir until coated.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Add cranberries; toss to combine. Immediately transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 346 calories, 27g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Praline Pecans & Cranberries in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.