Praline-Peach Brownie Sundaes
Desert for Jodi Trigg of Toledo, Illinois is delectable with Praline-Peach Brownie Sundaes, which use pre-made brownies and store-bought ice cream to create a thick and rich peach sauce. Pecans add a bit of crunch to a perfect sweet ending on a warm summer night.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced or 1 cup frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 prepared brownies
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- Additional peach slices, optional
- In a large saucepan, whisk the brown sugar, cream, butter and cinnamon until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 6-7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the peaches, pecans and vanilla. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place brownies in dessert dishes; top with ice cream and peach sauce. Garnish with additional peach slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 566 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Praline Peach Brownie Sundaes in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007