- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, sour cream, 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla; set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter; place in a mixing bowl. Add ice cream; stir to blend. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in the remaining vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually add to ice cream mixture until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with half of the praline sauce. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Add pecans to remaining sauce; spoon over warm cake (sauce will not cover the entire cake top). Cool in pan. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forPraline Ice Cream Cake
"This is a really moist cake. The flavor and sweetness will be affected by the ice cream you use."
"I prepared this recipe 3/22/14. I did adjust the recipe as follows: I used 1/2 cup plain unflavored yogurt and 1 Tbsp. cornstarch in the sauce. I used 14-oz. softened Haagen Daz Butter Pecan Ice Cream, softened. I used a greased and floured 8x8x2" baking pan! I cooled the cake 10 minutes. I drizzled the balance of the remaining sauce over the warm cake & added 1/3 cup toasted pecans to the sauce. I also sprinkled with a mixture of flaked coconut and pecans on top of the sauce. I chilled the cake in the refrigerator to allow the sauce to set.delowenstein"
"I love this recipe and always get rave reviews when I make it. Very sweet though."
"Love this cake. Very moist and not terribly sweet like some pralines can be. Very good!! A hit at pot lucks, too."