Praline Grahams Recipe
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Break the graham crackers at indentations; place in a single layer in pan.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add nuts. Pour over crackers.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 2-3 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 99 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Praline Grahams
"I recall making these Praline Grahams when they were featured in quick Cooking! I'd used 1 cup of butter, brown sugar and chopped walnuts! These were GREAT! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"
"A family favorite every Christmas for many years. Keeps well. Highly recommend!!!"
"These are great! I followed the directions exactly right up until the end. After I took them out, I added about 1 1/2 cup choc. chips, waited for about ten minutes and then spread them out - YUM!"
"they were wonderful added some chocolate chips"
"I make this recipe for Weddings, Christmas, Graduations, etc. People always ask for the recipe. I double the bitter, brown sugar, and nuts and use more graham crackers in a larger pan. I even make tbem using vegan butter which makes them taste less sweet."
"Only bake initially for 6-8 minutes. Using our oven thermometer the temp was correct, but the baking time too much. We added chocolate chips after the 6 min and put in the oven for an extra 2 minutes. After put on the chopped nuts and let set. Best if work with non stick cookie sheet &/or use parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray (pam brand)"
"I love these praline strips. A friend has made one addition to this recipe, and it is fantastic! After they have cooled, melt a large chocolate bar with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, and drizzle over each praline strip. EXCELLENT!!!"
"I'm surprised to see this rated suitable for all ages. They are quite tasty, but have far too much sugar and butter for children."