- 12 graham crackers (4-3/4 inches x 2-1/2 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Break the graham crackers at indentations; place in a single layer in pan. In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add nuts. Pour over crackers. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 2-3 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forPraline Grahams
"Ok...I’m totally confused. I looked at the amount of butter listed in the ingredients and said, that can’t possibly be enough to cover all those crackers, but I went ahead and followed the recipe- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter. Just as I suspected, it barely covered half of the crackers. Other recipes like this that I have made (such as saltine cracker toffee) call for a whole cup of butter-2 sticks.I’m confused as to why 1/2 cup of butter worked for everyone else. Any idea what I did wrong?"
"I recall making these Praline Grahams when they were featured in quick Cooking! I'd used 1 cup of butter, brown sugar and chopped walnuts! These were GREAT! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"
"A family favorite every Christmas for many years. Keeps well. Highly recommend!!!"
"These are great! I followed the directions exactly right up until the end. After I took them out, I added about 1 1/2 cup choc. chips, waited for about ten minutes and then spread them out - YUM!"
"they were wonderful added some chocolate chips"
"I make this recipe for Weddings, Christmas, Graduations, etc. People always ask for the recipe. I double the bitter, brown sugar, and nuts and use more graham crackers in a larger pan. I even make tbem using vegan butter which makes them taste less sweet."
"Only bake initially for 6-8 minutes. Using our oven thermometer the temp was correct, but the baking time too much. We added chocolate chips after the 6 min and put in the oven for an extra 2 minutes. After put on the chopped nuts and let set. Best if work with non stick cookie sheet &/or use parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray (pam brand)"