- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pecan halves
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over praline layer. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- For ganache, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips with cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews forPraline Chocolate Dessert
"I have made this. A little goes a long way as it's a very rich dessert.I will make it again! It was a Big Hit with our crowd."
"I made this dessert every year for several years. I forgot about the recipe for awhile until last Christmas. My family began talking about our favorite desserts and this one topped everyone's list. I made it again for Christmas dinner. It was just as good as we all remembered.So easy and so so good! Just plan for a whole day to make it since there is a lot of wait time."
"I've made this a number of times and it is always a hit. It really isn't very hard to make. Some reviewers used milk choc chips instead of the semi-sweet ones, but I like the darker ones best. One thing to remember is to put aluminum foil on the outside of the springform pan so the butter does not leak out of the bottom."
"I gave some of this dessert to several people and they really liked it."
"easy, gorgeous, and decadent!!"
"made this and took some over to my brother.. he called and said how much he liked it, like there was a heath bar inside, then my sister grabbed the phone from him and raved how it was the best thing she had ever eaten, and said she would pay me to make it for her birthday"
"I've made it three times for special gatherings and it always gets rave reviews. It is "lip smacking" GOOD!"
"This is seriously the best dessert I have ever tasted. YUM! It is very rich though, so I have considered putting it in a bigger pan to spread the layers out, especially the cream cheese."