- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whipped cream
- Whole pecans
- Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Set side.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese until smooth in a large bowl. Gradually add brown sugar and flour. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into crust; bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forPraline Cheesecake
"Problems with this recipe: First of all a praline is a candy coated nut. This recipe just calls for toasted pecans. 2nd: Not enough butter in crust (it just crumbles away after being baked). I do love cheesecakes and this is the first negative review I have ever given for one. Sorry"
"This turned out beautifully! I did not have pecans on hand, but a simple drizzle of caramel sauce made the cheesecake special. I will definitely go back to this recipe."
"I also made this for Thanksgiving,but I used crushed van waffers for the crust,and melted caramel & chopped pecans for a topping;it was awesome !!!"
"Made it for Thanksgiving. Everyone enjoyed it and there was none left to bring home."