"These upside-down biscuits have an appealing nut topping that adds a special touch to a company brunch," says Merrill Powers of Spearville, Kansas. Best of all, they bake in just minutes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 36 pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- Grease 12 muffin cups. In each cup, place 2 teaspoons brown sugar, three pecan halves and a dash cinnamon. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, applesauce and milk just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Praline Biscuits in Quick Cooking January/February 2000
Jan 5, 2010
I made these again, but with bisquick and they did not taste anywhere near as good. I highly recommend using a baking/pancake mix instead of a biscuit mix .
Nov 25, 2009
I used pancake mix and chopped pecans and they were delicious!