Prairie Apple Crunch Recipe
- 6 large baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Cream, optional
- 1. Place apples in a greased 12-in. x 7-1/2-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Combine brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature, with cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 250 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Prairie Apple Crunch
"This is my "go to" recipe for a great apple dessert! Always a favorite when I serve it."
"I went by the recipe and and am very happy with the results. This is delicious. I was given lots of apples and need to use some up. They were not quite as tart as I would have wished but still made a wonderful desert. Will be making this one again!"