- 6 large baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 12-in. x 7-1/2-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Combine brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature, with cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forPrairie Apple Crunch
"This is my "go to" recipe for a great apple dessert! Always a favorite when I serve it."
"I went by the recipe and and am very happy with the results. This is delicious. I was given lots of apples and need to use some up. They were not quite as tart as I would have wished but still made a wonderful desert. Will be making this one again!"