- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brandy or apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- Dash salt
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 5 medium) or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 6 slices pound cake
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, brandy, sugar, peach preserves and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Add peaches; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove peaches to a bowl; set aside. Bring sauce mixture to a boil; cook and stir until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add reduced sauce and remaining vanilla to peaches; stir gently to combine. Serve with pound cake and whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPound Cake with Brandied Peach Sauce
"I find this recipe is delicious, but you should be careful where you get the peaches. My family gets them from a group of Amish people who sell produce every once in a while, and they are always so good."
"The recipe sounds yummy but the cholesterol is over the top. I could use no fat cool whip but I don't thnk it would bring the count down very much...any suggestions out there?"
"I added Peach Liqueir to the sauce with a tad bit of cornstarch for thickener. I also doubled the recipe. We loved it Thanks"
"I would indeed make the peach sauce again, as it is delicious. I would prefer to serve it over ice cream though, as my family does not like pound cake, which is kind of sad."