Pound Cake Ring
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes2 cakes (9 cups batter)
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar, fresh peaches, blackberries and mint, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine milk, lemon juice, vanilla, lemon zest and extract. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour 4-1/2 cups of batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. (Use the remaining batter to prepare a second pound cake.)
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 45 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with fruit and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 253 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 1, 2017
This is a very nice cake. It will be excellent served with fresh berries with a little sugar. I will make this again. Janet. VFE
Dec 24, 2011
At the bottom of the recipe it has a link RECIPES WITH BASE MIX.I will try it today
Aug 17, 2009
This is great cake. Not quick but worth the effort. I'll never use a mix again. Search for the words "pound cake ring" and the other recipes will show up. I just divided the ingredients in half to make one cake.
Apr 8, 2009
I think she meant the other listed ingredients at the bottom....peaches, blackberries, mint..etc.
Jan 3, 2008
Where are the "rest" of the cake recipes for "this page/recipe"? I would love to see them and perhaps try one of them??