- 1 pound butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar, fresh peaches, blackberries and mint, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine milk, lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and extract. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour 4-1/2 cups of batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. (Use the remaining batter to prepare a second pound cake.)
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 45 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with fruit and mint if desired. Yield: 2 cakes (9 cups batter).
Reviews forPound Cake Ring
"At the bottom of the recipe it has a link RECIPES WITH BASE MIX.I will try it today"
"I think she meant the other listed ingredients at the bottom....peaches, blackberries, mint..etc."
"Where are the "rest" of the cake recipes for "this page/recipe"? I would love to see them and perhaps try one of them??"