Pound Cake Cobbler
Since I usually have all the ingredients on hand, this cobbler is as easy as pie to assemble. Often, I'll change the canned filling to another fruit flavor. Try raspberry, peach, apricot or my personal favorite, strawberry.—Heidi Wilcox, Lapeer, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place in a microwave-safe 1-1/2-qt. dish or 9-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, water and extract; spoon over cake.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Spoon onto dessert plates; garnish with whipped topping and almonds.