Pots o' Gold Recipe
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 cup light green candy coating disks
- 1. Place a sheet of waxed paper on a baking sheet; draw a 1-in. pot with a 2-in. x 1-in. rainbow coming out of the pot. Place another sheet of waxed paper over the top. Secure both to a baking sheet with tape; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert round tip #3 and add the melted chocolate. Pipe chocolate over outlines; chill.
- 3. In another microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating. Cut a hole in another pastry bag. Insert round tip #3 and fill with candy coating. Fill in chocolate outline. Chill until set. Use as a garnish for desserts. Yield: 16 Pots o' Gold.
Editor's Note: Pot's o' Gold can be made a week in advance. When set, use a spatula to remove them from the waxed paper and place in a single layer in an airtight container. Store in a cool dry place.
1 each: 52 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.