Potluck Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 10 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; stir in the onions and soy sauce. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 196 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 30, 2012
There was an error in this recipe. The water amount should be 8 cups (not 16). It will be corrrected here soon. We apologize for the error.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Sep 17, 2012
The water quantity on this cannot be right - 16 cups of water. I had to drain some of the water off, definitely not done in 15 min. Some help would be nice
Dec 5, 2011
This has been a family favorite for the past 10 years! It is a great side dish to go along with the pineapple pepper chicken on this site. Great for feeding a large party. We love it!
Jul 21, 2010
I've been making this for about ten years now and I think it's delicious and wouldn't change a thing. It goes especially well as a side with the grilled pork chops recipe on this site that has soy sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar, etc. in the marinade.
Jun 15, 2010
This is a good Chinese fried rice. I wouldn't call it "pilaf".
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.