Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 to 10 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), diced
- 2 slices bread, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place the unpeeled potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cook until tender but firm. Drain; cut potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Add pimientos, onion, garlic salt and onion salt; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with bread cubes; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bread is toasted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 227 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2014
I made this yesterday for a potluck and it was a standout. I hate to be one who tells all the revisions to the recipe I made and then go on to rate the 'recipe' I didn't follow, but I think this would be great as is or as a base. I used fresh red peppers out of my garden rather than pimientos and sauted the onions before adding them. I also added ground black pepper before tossing and layered the cheese with the potatoes in the dish.