Potluck Potato Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and mash. Add the cream cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in the green pepper, cheeses, chives and pimientos.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until browned and heated through. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1/2 cup: 209 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Potluck Potato Cheese Casserole
"Loved these potatoes but I felt the green pepper was a little over powering and would rather use red or yellow pepper to cut down the pepper taste."
"are these fluffy and light?"
"I agree leave out the green pepper, this is a very good recipe I will keep makeing it."
"I was first served these potatoes at a "Mother & Daughter Banquet" about 5 years ago, Loved them!! They were presented as Calico Potatoes. I haven't made them for several years, thanks for the reminder. I plan on making them again real soon. Yummy!!!"
"This is a colorful mashed potato dish with good flavor, but my personal preference would be to omit the green peppers next time."