- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup snipped chives
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; drain and mash.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in the green pepper, cheeses, chives and pimientos. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until browned and heated through. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forPotluck Potato Cheese Casserole
"Loved these potatoes but I felt the green pepper was a little over powering and would rather use red or yellow pepper to cut down the pepper taste."
"are these fluffy and light?"
"I agree leave out the green pepper, this is a very good recipe I will keep makeing it."
"I was first served these potatoes at a "Mother & Daughter Banquet" about 5 years ago, Loved them!! They were presented as Calico Potatoes. I haven't made them for several years, thanks for the reminder. I plan on making them again real soon. Yummy!!!"
"This is a colorful mashed potato dish with good flavor, but my personal preference would be to omit the green peppers next time."