Potluck Mushroom Rice
Once a week at work, we'd hold potluck dinners. A co-worker brought this dish, and I left with the recipe. It's very versatile because you can add different seasoning to suit your tastes.— Yvonne Taylor, Robstown, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and celery until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soups, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and cooked rice.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 222 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Potluck Mushroom Rice in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book