- 3 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled (about 10)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, just until tender, 12-15 minutes. Add celery and onion; continue cooking until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes longer. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together next six ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, slice potatoes; return to large saucepan with celery and onions. Add vinegar mixture, tossing to combine. Add bacon. Simmer mixture until heated through, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPotluck German Potato Salad
"Very good. I did have to add twice as much corn starch to get the sauce to thicken; otherwise it was too runny and I feared it would just run off the potatoes. It was not too vinegary as some German potato salads can be."
"Kathy we tried your recipe tonight and it is very very Good. This is going in my Keeper Book"