VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled (about 10)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, just until tender, 12-15 minutes. Add celery and onion; continue cooking until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes longer. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together next six ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, slice potatoes; return to large saucepan with celery and onions. Add vinegar mixture, tossing to combine. Add bacon. Simmer mixture until heated through, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Potluck German Potato Salad in Taste of Home September/October 2017
Reviews forPotluck German Potato Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2017
"Kathy we tried your recipe tonight and it is very very Good. This is going in my Keeper Book"