Potluck Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
For a crunchy side dish, why not try this salad? With crisp vegetables and crumbled bacon, this salad's a popular one at fund-raiser dinners.—Janet Les, Chilliwack, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes100 (1/2-cup) servings
- 5 pounds broccoli, cut into florets
- 5 pounds cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1-2/3 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 6 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2-1/2 pounds sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 pounds cheddar cheese, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower and onions. Combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; pour over vegetables 1 hour before serving. Chill. Just before serving, add bacon and cheese; toss.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 160 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Cauliflower Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.