- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, saute bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the beans, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and bacon mixture.
- Pour into a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPotluck Baked Beans
"Love that the bacon is fried first. Nothing worse that finding what looks like raw bacon in baked beans. My 3 and 5 year old love them and ask for bacon candy beans on a regular basis."
"This is a good baked been recipe. It makes a large batch so I froze some of it in 2 cup containers."
"I made this as is for a bbq. It was delicious!"
"These were good, simple to assemble. Flavor was similar to other bean recipes I've tried."
"the family loved it--this recipe has become a staple in our household!!JR Ranch"
"great recipe. I used one large can of baked beans instead of adding kidney and pinto beans. very good, will make again!"
"I MADE THE RECIPE EXACTLY AS WRITTEN. VERY GOOD EVERYONE HAD SECONDS. MY HUSBAND DID MENTION THAT IT WAS A LITTLE TOO SWEET. SO, NEXT TIME I WILL USE ONLY 1/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR."
"I have used this recipe since 1969. The only difference is I only use Campbells pork & Beans and add a tablespoon of yellow mustard and cook in crock pot (in oven, not electric) for 40 minutes at 375 deg."
"These are by far the best baked beans I have made. Everyone loved them. I plan to make these my go to recipe."