Potluck Artichoke Tossed Salad
It's a cinch to mix this zesty salad together for a potluck. It'll feed a crowd and then some. For a lighter version, I use less oil and a sugar substitute for the dressing and toss in turkey bacon.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch romaine (1 pound), torn
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, bacon, artichoke hearts, cheese, celery and sweet peppers. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, onion, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, add oil in a steady stream; blend until thickened. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 107 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Artichoke Tossed Salad in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.