Potatoes with Crab Sauce
Corene Thorsen, from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, adds crab to the creamy and comforting sauce she pours over spuds. "The mild sauce allows the delicate flavor of the crab to shine through," she declares. "This combination tastes great of leftover pasta, too."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Pinch onion powder
- 1 package (6 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Reduce heat to low; add crab. With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with crab sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 674 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1285mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Potatoes with Crab Sauce in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.