- 3/4 pound small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked tube pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add the potatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, basil, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and beans. Add potatoes, beans and pasta to pepper mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPotatoes with Beans 'n' Pasta
"We don't eat meat, so I made this using a vegetarian 'chicken flavored' bouillon instead of the chicken broth. Also, I used canned great northern white beans instead of green beans., since that's what the title of this brought ot mind.Like all recipes I had to cut in half, since there are just two of us, but this was great. Maybe I'll change out the beans for variety, but doubtful I'll ever use green beans!"
"The first time I made this recipe it was just ok, but we really liked the potato and pasta combination. The second time I made this I added some chopped fresh basil and some sundried tomatoes, substituting the oil in the tomatoes for the oil called for in the recipe. It's now one of our favorite summer salads"
"This does take a lot of time to make but it is worth it. This would also be great for a pot luck dish."