Potatoes Olé Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup each chopped green , sweet red and yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed (1/4-inch cubes)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender. Add potatoes and chilies; toss to combine. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; pour over the potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until set and top is golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 266 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Potatoes Olé
"Great flavor. Only complaint is I'd prefer it stay congealed, like a casserole. A bit of work, but everyone will take a second helping."