- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed (1/4-inch cubes)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender. Add potatoes and chilies; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; pour over the potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPotatoes Olé
"Great flavor. Only complaint is I'd prefer it stay congealed, like a casserole. A bit of work, but everyone will take a second helping."