Potatoes au Jus
“I made this dish when I was single, so there should have been leftovers for another meal,” writes Val Lundby of Fergus Falls, Minnesota. “But around 9 p.m., it would call to me from the refrigerator, and I would heat it up and have another helping!”
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 large potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons au jus gravy mix
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Arrange half of the potatoes in an ungreased 3-cup baking dish. Drizzle with half of the butter and sprinkle with half of the au jus mix. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 261 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Potatoes Au Jus in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008
Jun 6, 2018
We LOVE this in our house! I multiply the recipe and make it for company. Everyone enjoys it and we NEVER have leftovers.
Jul 27, 2009
This was easy and so very yummy!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.