A quick and easy but elegant side dish for all kinds of meat entrees, this delicious blend of potatoes, pearl onions and peas is a favorite with Priscilla Gilbert in Indian Harbour Beach, Florida.
Recommended: Grandma's Best Suppers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated red potato wedges
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/3 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Place potatoes and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pearl onions in butter for 2 minutes. Add the cream, broth, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in the peas, green onions and reserved potatoes; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Potatoes, Peas & Pearl Onions in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p25
Reviews forPotatoes, Peas & Pearl Onions
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2016
"I thought this was okay but not great. I could not find the Simply Potatoes Wedges so I just bought fresh red skins and cut them up myself."