Potato Vegetable Quiche
When I can't decide what I'd like for supper, this hearty quiche is my first choice.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 5 medium unpeeled potatoes (about 2 pounds), cooked and mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place warm potatoes in a large bowl; add butter, salt, parsley, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Combine cheese, onion, mushrooms, bacon and peppers. Spoon into crust. Combine eggs, corn and milk; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.