Potato Vegetable Quiche
When I can't decide what I'd like for supper, this hearty quiche is my first choice.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 5 medium unpeeled potatoes (about 2 pounds), cooked and mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place warm potatoes in a large bowl; add butter, salt, parsley, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Combine cheese, onion, mushrooms, bacon and peppers. Spoon into crust. Combine eggs, corn and milk; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 257 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Potato Vegetable Quiche in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.