Potato Vegetable Medley
"Vegetables star in this fresh-tasting and colorful side dish," writes field editor Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana. "The mild seasoning lets their natural goodness come through. Just because you're cooking a small portion doesn't mean you can't use a variety of produce."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and quartered
- 1 small onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, broth and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Stir in zucchini and remaining seasoned salt. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Originally published as Potato Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Sep 23, 2011
My husband hates ALL cooked veggies, and my son is pretty picky as well. I was shocked that they both liked this, and I thought it was amazing! Definitely will be a regular for us.