Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut sausage into four pieces; cut each piece lengthwise to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open sausage pieces so they are flat; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion and mustard; spoon in mounds over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 506 calories, 36g fat (16g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1334mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 16, 2015
My entire finicky family liked this one. Only thing is I added just a bit of jabenero cheddar with the regular cheddar.
Feb 15, 2011
very good, had left over mashed potatoes, this was fast, good, and I will be making it again.
Dec 8, 2008
This is great!! My husband and I love kielbasa and it's just the right amount for us.I've had the pleasure of making other recipes you've submitted Mrs. Bryan, and I thank you. You're a great cook/baker!!Sincerely,