As much as my family loves mashed potatoes, once in a while I'll want to dress them up by preparing this recipe. Spinach and chive give this potato dish wonderful flavor, not to mention terrific color.—Mary Allen, Orange, California
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the milk, butter, salt and pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in the spinach, chives and dill. Spread in a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Potato Spinach Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p41