Potato Soup with Spinach Dumplings
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, onion, red pepper, butter and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, bread crumbs and egg white; let stand for 15 minutes. Shape into 1-in. balls; add to soup. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until dumplings are firm. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 268 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 30, 2012
Yes I would make again, this was enjoyed by an elderly friend, who liked it very much.I myself will add some things extra to give it a kick, don't know just yet,
Feb 24, 2012
This is a very bland soup. The dumplings are practically tasteless.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.