Potato Soup with Spinach Dumplings
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, onion, red pepper, butter and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, bread crumbs and egg white; let stand for 15 minutes. Shape into 1-in. balls; add to soup. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until dumplings are firm. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 268 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2012
Yes I would make again, this was enjoyed by an elderly friend, who liked it very much.I myself will add some things extra to give it a kick, don't know just yet,
Feb 24, 2012
This is a very bland soup. The dumplings are practically tasteless.