- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeledm and cubed
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook carrots in butter for 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, potatoes, garlic and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove half of the potatoes to a bowl; mash with a fork. Return to pan. Stir in the beans. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sour cream and pepper; add to soup. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPotato Soup With Beans
"Loved the combination of carrots, beans, and potatoes. Added a bit more flour and some cream per our preferences."