This heartwarming main course from Cheryl Cor of Auburn, Washington helps her husband get a swift yet satisfying meal on the table when she's at work. “He loves clam chowder and this simple recipe lets him prepare it in just minutes,” she writes.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (18.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve chunky baked potato with cheddar and bacon bits soup
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, drained
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 round loaves (8 ounces each) sourdough bread
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; heat through.
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off the top of each loaf; set aside. Hollow out loaves, leaving 3/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use). Ladle soup into bread bowls; replace tops. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Potato Soup in Bread Bowls in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p27